A Trump social network could get sued out of existence

{ object.primary_image.title }}

A Trump social network would need every bit of the Section 230 legal shield that the ex-president so vigorously opposed. Donald Trump is “holding high-powered meetings” to start his own social network in the next two to three months, according to the ex-president’s adviser Jason Miller, who appeared on the Fox News show Media Buzz on Sunday. The former president was, of course, booted from Twitter and suspended from YouTube and Facebook (pending review), after spewing misinformation about the 2020 election and, arguably, inciting a riot at the Capitol on January 6. Read Full Story

Read Full Article on Fast Company

Conservative social network Parler has shot to the top of the App Store

{ object.primary_image.title }}

The Twitter alternative is welcoming hordes of conservatives who are frustrated with election content policies on the big social networks. In the days following Joe Biden’s victory over President Donald Trump in the election, the conservative social networking app Parler has vaulted to the top of the download charts in both Apple and Google’s app stores. The app, which was founded in 2018 as a “non-biased free speech” alternative to Twitter, has pitched itself as a haven for conservatives who are frustrated with content policies on Twitter and other social networks. Read Full Story

More

Why Twitter finally decided to label Trump’s tweets as misinformation

{ object.primary_image.title }}

The social media company is finally responding to public outcry—but still won’t go so far as to delete one of Trump’s tweets. In a landmark action, Twitter has for the first time attached independent fact-checking information directly to two tweets from President Donald Trump. The president’s tweets make false claims alleging that wider use of mail-in ballots will result in an increase in voter fraud. Read Full Story

More

Microsoft reportedly in talks to buy TikTok in U.S.

{ object.primary_image.title }}

Move comes as President Trump plans to demand Chinese parent Co. ByteDance divest the social video app’s American operations. President Trump said on Friday that he was considering taking steps that would effectively ban TikTok from the United States, and Bloomberg reported that the president was planning to order the app’s parent company, ByteDance, to sell its U.S. operations. Read Full Story

More

What TikTok teens fooling Trump means for the 2020 election

{ object.primary_image.title }}

Though teenagers on TikTok may have tricked the Trump campaign during its recent rally, the same forces on social media could be used to undermine election integrity in November. The lower-than-expected attendance at President Trump’s rally in Tulsa on June 20 was attributed, at least in part, to an online army of K-pop fans who used the social network TikTok to organize and reserve tickets for the rally as a means of pranking the campaign . Read Full Story

More

Mary Trump agrees with Nancy Pelosi: Revoke the nuclear codes from the president

{ object.primary_image.title }}

Donald Trump’s niece says this week’s attack on the Capitol might not be Trump’s final act. Not by a long shot. The eye-popping events at the Capitol building this week left some people asking a troubling question: If President Trump is capable of inciting something like that, what else might he be capable of? And with 12 days left in his time in office, it’s a question worth asking. Read Full Story

More

How to watch the Biden and Trump town halls on ABC and NBC live (if you must)

{ object.primary_image.title }}

In the rubble of a canceled presidential debate between President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden, two town halls will compete head-to-head. As if we needed yet another reminder of being forever trapped in the proverbial “ two Americas ,” presidential candidates Joe Biden and Donald Trump will appear in two competing town hall-style events tonight on two different broadcast networks. The only thing they’ll have in common is a time slot. Read Full Story

More

The Trump campaign is inviting people to dine with the president during the coronavirus pandemic

{ object.primary_image.title }}

During the coronavirus outbreak, the Trump campaign is promoting a contest where donors can win a dinner and photo op with the president. During the coronavirus pandemic, medical experts and officials are promoting what they call “social distancing,” encouraging people to avoid handshakes, large gatherings, and other opportunities for the virus to spread. Read Full Story

More

Subscribe to our newsletter

Join our newsletter and never miss out trending marketing news.

HitcountVariables(pk=17922, ajax_url='/api/hit/ajax/', hits='3')